Wanted: A Few Hands, Hearts, and Minds
Who May Apply: laymen, laywomen, youth, clergymen, clergywomen
How to Apply: Contact Leeda Marsh at LeedaM@aol.com for information and a Nomination Form
- An interest in furthering the work of the New England Conference
- A willingness to share life experiences and skills for the work of the church
A desire to be of service
- A few positions require specific experience such as: human relations, pensions
and benefits, financial expertise, computer skills
- Be able to work well with others
- Ability to use a telephone (conference call meetings)
- Willingness to attend occasional centrally located meetings/trainings
- Learn about the working of our connectional church
- Participate in and/or provide support for hands-on mission
- Express your passion for mission, social justice, administration, etc.
- Find expression for your gifts and talents.
Please note: We are looking for nominees to begin serving on July 1, 2016.
Openings Available in a Variety of Committees including (but not limited to):
- Board of Trustees oversees the property of the New England Conference.
- Board of Pensions – especially need lay persons
The Board oversees the pension and health benefit programs of retired clergy, spouses, surviving spouses and lay employees of the NEAC. We are especially in need of individuals with experience and expertise in the areas of health benefits for both active and retired. Some experience dealing with pensions would also be helpful.
- Christian Unity and Interreligious Concerns (CUIC) works to promote interfaith dialogue and experiences.
- Committee on Finance & Administration – especially need lay persons
CF&A works with the finances of the Conference, including developing the budget.
Members of CF&A need to see the “big picture of the mission work” of NEAC.
- COSROW (Commission on the Status and Role of Women) works to develop ways to inform and sensitize NEAC leadership and members on issues that affect women.
- Religion and Race works to raise awareness and foster sensitivity in the area of racism within NEAC.
- Rules Committee prepares the Rules and Policies & Procedures that define the work of NEAC within the general guidelines of the Discipline.